IERI Call for Research Proposals 2020 for developing countries
Application Deadline : Dec 13th, 2019
IERI has supported many international research activities since 2004. We continuously contribute to the resolution of environmental issues in the developing countries and reinforce the research capacity of the developing countries. From July 2018, we focused the research area to climate change. For 2019, we are moving towards in accelerating the development and climate technologies transfer, themed “Inducting CTCN Technical”. The impacts of climate changes has vulnerably affects the developing countries. In 2020, we are going to more focus on climate technology, especially on 1) carbon reduction and renewable energy (agriculture, energy efficiency, solar energy, etc.); 2) air pollution and climate change (climate modeling, aerosol modeling, PM2.5, PM10, etc.); and 3) implementation of water treatment technology in field. The proposal will be evaluated by feasibility of climate technology and its contribution to the human beings.
For 2020, research period: March 1 ~ Dec 31, 2020
• Research xss-objective: Climate mitigation
• Research sectors
1)carbon reduction and renewable energy (agriculture, energy efficiency, solar energy, etc.)
2)air pollution and climate change (climate modeling, aerosol modeling, PM2.5, PM10, etc.)
3) implementation of water treatment technology in field
• Funding amount : approx. 10,000,000 - 25,000,000 KRW
• Research proposal due to be submitted : Dec 13th, 2019
• Requirement briefly :
Oral presentation tentatively Oct, 2020 at 2020 IFOCA (Southeast Asia)
Final report in English (Nov 30th, 2020)
• Research Funding body: Ministry of Science and ICT in South Korea and executed by the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST)
• Each applicants must be nationals of developing countries. They must hold a PhD with some research experiences focus on environment issues.
• Each scientists who submit a satisfactory final report on a previous fund may apply for a renewal.
• Each applicants must provide the institution / university’s bank account for funding transfer. Bank account belong to personnel will not be accepted.
• Agreement has to be made between university rather than institutions. Seal with institution is not valid.
How to apply
1. Application xss-document.
• IERI research proposal form (Downloadable)
• Principal Investigator’s CV with a list of publication
(Including the 1st page of each published articles)
2. Email them to the IERI (email@example.com)
3. Application Deadline : Dec 13th, 2019
Submitted proposals are evaluated against the following criteria:
• Feasible to the provided research sectors
• Innovation: extent to which the proposed research contributes to knowledge creation by expanding and or strengthening the relevant literature on growth and development.
• Quality and composition of research work
• Contribution to local capacity
• Value for money
Application Procedure (usually takes approximate of 3 months)
• Call for proposal
• Result for IERI Research Proposals
• Agreement xss-document.Screening (University seal is required)
• Funding transfer